How Well Does Your Home Work?

Last updated July 2022

The open up tabs below have questions that are designed to help you think about this and what you might need to do to make your home more accessible now and in the future. You will need expert advice and guidance from a community occupational therapist (community OT) from Social Services. You can refer yourself, or request that your child’s NHS occupational therapist (OT) or physio refers you. Some adaptations, such as installing a ramp and rails to replace a step may be relatively straightforward and completed quickly. Others can be much more complex and need plenty of time for both planning and completion. That’s all covered in Adapting your Home, Costs and Funding.