If At Any Time You Don't Think Things Are Going Well

Talk to your child’s teacher and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) and give the school a chance to put things right. Be as specific as you can about your concerns and, if necessary, put them in writing. 

If you have questions or would find it helpful to talk things through, contact SMA UK Support Services and / or Contact for Families with Disabled Children (www.contact.org.uk) or MDUK (www.musculardystrophyuk.org) for advice and support.

More organisations which provide advice and support are listed in Resources For Parents

Page last reviewed / updated: March 2021
Next review due: March 2022